Best Spy Camera Hat
by Mirikkah Alvarado
You never know when you’ll need video evidence. Unfortunately, it’s not easy to record people.
These days, everyone has a camera in his or her hand but people tend to notice when you film them using your smartphone.
How do you discreetly record a conversation or encounter?
With the best spy camera hat, no one will notice that you’re recording.
Get footage of suspicious activity, capture evidence, or secretly record meetings. You can even record yourself engaging in your favorite outdoor activities, such as hunting or fishing.
With dozens of great options, which spy camera hat should you get?
To help you out, I’ve compiled a list of the top spy camera choices. If you want the finest in covert surveillance.
Check out the following camera hats.
RecorderGear HC100 Camera Hat: Best Option for Remaining Completely Discreet
Do you want to record in public but don’t want people to see the camera? You may need the RecorderGear HC100 Spy Hat. Perfectly concealed inside the bill of the cap is a 1080P HD video camera.
The Camera Remains Completely Hidden
While some hat video cameras help conceal the camera lens, the lens remains partially visible, especially when the subject is standing directly in front of you. With the RecorderGear HC100, no one will see the camera.
It’s completely hidden inside the bill of the hat. Thanks to the solid black cap with no markings, the lens is virtually undetectable. This makes the HC100 the top spy hat for secretly recording meetings or outdoor events.
Switch Between Video and Photo Modes
The camera has simple controls. You select between video and photo modes, letting you choose the surveillance option that works well in your situation.
These modes include the features that you expect in a spy camera. You get loop recording and time/date stamps. The time/date stamps give you a verifiable record of when the recordings happened, a necessary feature for submitting the video as evidence.
- It records sharp HD video in low light and rainy conditions, letting you record video in almost any setting.
- The discreet design provides the great solution for secretly recording in public.
- It offers an easy-to-use interface; you simply choose between video and photo modes.
- It only provides up to two hours of battery life but can also record while plugged in.
- The 60-degree camera lens limits the field of view to directly in front of you.
- It is not water-resistant. If the cap gets wet, the camera may stop working.
LiDCAM LC-WF Camouflage Action Camera: Best Spy Camera Hat for Hunting
Some hunters like to record their experiences. You may want a video log to help analyze what went right and what went wrong. The LiDCAM LC-WF Camouflage Action Camera provides the top option, giving you a hidden camera that blends in with the rest of your hunting gear.
Fits on the Bill of Any Standard Baseball Cap
Unlike some of the other spy camera hats, this camera doesn’t come with a hat. You simply slide the device into the bill of any standard baseball cap, letting you use it with your usual hunting cap.
The camera weighs less than four ounces, ensuring that it doesn’t weigh you down or feel awkward attached to your cap.
Includes WiFi Connectivity for Viewing Your Shots
Instead of trying to fiddle with controls on the camera, you control the device via a mobile app. Besides getting a live video feed, the camera app offers a wide range of useful features.
The mobile app lets you control every setting on the camera. You can also preview your photos, snap photos, and record video directly to your phone. It’s one of the most intuitive apps available for a hidden spy camera cap.
- It includes a wide-angle lens for capturing more of your surroundings, which is great when filming outdoors in fields or forests.
- The camera records full audio with the video while many other spy cams only record video.
- It features built-in LED lights to help illuminate your path when hunting in the dark.
- The microphone doesn’t offer clear audio, especially when the subject is near the mic.
DYFZ Fishing Camera Cap: Best Camera for Time-Lapse Recording
Recording your next fishing trip becomes a lot easier when you have the DYFZ Fishing Camera Cap on your head. This tiny camera mounts to the bill of any cap, allowing you to switch out the plain black cap that comes with the camera.
Record Clear HD Footage Anywhere
When looking at spy hat camera reviews, video quality remains the most important feature. With the DYFZ Fishing Camera Cap, you can capture beautiful outdoor video and photos during your next hunting or fishing trip.
It even includes time-lapse photography. Allow the camera to automatically snap pics at set intervals throughout the day.
The one issue with outdoor recording is battery life. This camera provides about 90 minutes of recording on a single charge.
Nod Your Head to Begin Recording
Manufacturers tend to find it difficult to add controls to hat video camera. These devices often have one or two buttons to control all the features. The DYFZ Fishing Camera Cap solves this by using motion sensors.
Instead of fiddling with controls when you’ve got a fishing rod or ski pole in your hand, you simply nod your head to control the camera. The vibration of the movement lets you select from different recording durations ranging from short 15-second clips to five-minute videos.
- You get hands-free operation, thanks to the unique motion-controlled features.
- You can install the camera in a different hat, letting you add it to your favorite cap.
- The camera provides live video viewing via a mobile app, allowing you to view the video feed in real time on your phone.
- It only provides about 90 minutes of battery life on a full charge, requiring frequent recharging.
- Many users complain that the mobile app doesn’t work very well, which isn’t the main reason to purchase this camera.
- The poorly translated instruction manual makes it hard to decipher all the controls and settings.